Thursday, August 1, 2013

FLYING MONKEYSSS!



Ok, so I never do book reviews.. I find it too time consuming and can't write it out without ruining the book for everyone else. I will mark how many stars I think it deserved after completion though. But here is my rant about the books I have been reading lately.

I have found this new love and appreciation for the NA and self published books. The main characters are around my age and can be easily relatable. Oh you're 25 too!? AND you're trying to thrive in this world as a adult!? Woop! There's TWO things in common right thurrr. BUT what I do not find in common are these mushy-unrealistic man/boys that are rich, shmexy and all consuming-firey-love to the main chick.

Some of the things they say, oh lord.. "Before you, there was no feeling.. there was just darkness.. you lit a fire in my heart and brought me back to life.." Blah blah blah barf. THEN they say it during sex to boot! SERIOUSLY? I feel like I am going to throw up and never have I ever met a man/boy (lets face it- they're not real men) that can think a coherent thought during the bing-bing, let alone when you're just hanging out. And whats with all the growling they do? Are they animals? "He let out a growl before he took off..." Rawr baby.. rawr.. not. The lovey-dovey stuff is really just my complaint in it all.. Oh and the fact that these man/boy characters are sooo possessive! If I told any of my boyfriends I was going out to the bar with a group of friends, they'd be like see ya laterrrr. No questions asked, no limo rented.. nada. And we cant forget how none of these girls need any hygiene maintenance? Legs always shave? Check! Breath always amazing? Check! Smells like Lavender and vanilla? Check! Ummm yeah not me.. nor any other girl I know.

Even with my complaints, I have read some pretty awesome books. The Oppurtunist? Amazing.. then the second book to it? Dirty Red? She be evilllll.. third book? Love dovey schit and christ almighty just stop being retarded you characters! He loves you, you love him, crazy stalker ex is gone and the perp is in the jailhouse.. just quit your bitchin' already and do something about it!

There's my mini rant.. Now I feel like I need to go read a good Stephen King novel...

No comments:

Post a Comment